Saturday, June 14, 2008

Greg, the ongoing story...

To those that don't know, my step son, Greg was hit by a car on April 14, 2008...this is my Etsy post from that horrible night:

[Photo] RetroCycle says: Go hug your kids...no matter how busy you are, or how bad they have been, or the tantrums they have thrown today, let them know you love them, no matter what, good or bad, that they have a source of unconditional love to see them through.....
My step son was hit by a car today, he was 20 yrs old, a Junior in college, a great guy for 20, telling us his big plans for spring break when he turned 21...with faults and problems like all of us...big dreams too, the kind of dreams you can only dream when you are 20.
He will not survive the accident...if he does, his brain has been "damaged" beyond repair.
How I wish I could bitch at him for messing up the bathroom, or eating everything in the fridge, or just talking the stupid smack 20 yr old talk. How I wish I could see the smile on his dads face when he calls his dad...so, go hug your kids...

That night there were 20 pages of Etsy Prayers in the forums


It is Now June 14th, 2008. The kid who they said was dead, or brain damaged stood up for 2 minutes today :). He is eating like a horse and watching the Sopranos. His Dad has been with him since the accident.
It is still a SLOW battle back....

3 comments:

tori said...

That is unbelievably touching. I hope he keeps beating the odds.

Anonymous said...

God bless you all
great blog by the way
stop by mine so I can add your link

LostRiverRags said...

I'm so sorry for this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.